Good workplace hand hygiene has benefits for both organisations and their employees. If appropriately promoted and supported, good hand hygiene can lower the risk of workers catching and transmitting infections, it can reduce absence from illness and it can signal a management commitment to employee well-being.
This research-led website considers issues and challenges relating to hand hygiene in the workplace. It is informed by researchers and designers based at the Universities of Sheffield and Leeds, and by research partners from industry and the public sector. It is a constantly developing resource, designed to provide comprehensive information that can facilitate important environment-related decisions:
- a guide on where to locate hand sanitisers in workplaces;
- a guide on effective messaging to encourage hand hygiene;
- a guide on what to consider when purchasing a hand sanitiser dispenser;
- a scenario training resource for facilitating discussions about accessing hygiene facilities on the move;
- a policy brief for mobile workers’ access to hygiene facilities.
For project updates, please follow us on Twitter: